At Country Haven we take great pride in being able to offer a choice of vacation packages, from a one night cottage rental to an all-inclusive package from anywhere in the world, with or without airfare.
Our close relationship with a number of travel agents around the world, who are continually working to bring you the best in airfare rates, and with our all-inclusive packages, lets us bring you from your home to "your home away from home" at Country Haven. We feel we can offer you the best prices and packages available while on the Miramichi.
All-Inclusive Packages: include shuttle service from airport, accommodations, meals, guides, activities, all transportation while at Country Haven, fishing license and equipment, if needed. We also offer discounted rates on "Father and Son" or groups over 6 that book three days or more on an all-inclusive package.
Father and Son:
Mundy Hackett & his father Harvey
We offer a discount on our Father and Son packages because we truly believe that there is no better place in the world to spend quality time and bond a father and son relationship. The tranquility of the river flowing, fresh air, natural serene surroundings and the chance to hook a mighty Atlantic salmon adds to an experience that will be etched in your memories forever.
"We believe the Miramichi is where dreams begin and memories are made."
For the Dad who would like to see his son catch his first Atlantic salmon or the son that would like to get on a fishing trip with his Dad, our experienced guides will provide the novice full instruction on the technique of flyfishing.
Teresa Leblanc, Sally Stoner - California
and Lynda Topp from New Zealand
Each year at Country Haven we have seen an increase in the number of ladies enjoying the art of fly-fishing for Atlantic Salmon with our easy wading pools and accommodating guides. Many of our female guests have been enjoying some great success.
At Country Haven we are small enough to care about the needs of each and every individual angler, and BIG enough to handle groups, with the same care and attention. Whether you and a group of friends are seeking a fun-filled fishing adventure, or a business looking for a corporate outing for staff designed to build team relationships, or possibly a fishing trip as a means of entertaining valued clients, we can offer everything you need! Our friendly, helpful and professional staff will go out of their way to ensure your outing with us is both a successful and unforgettable one.
Our packages are successful because of the wide variety of activities we can provide. Some members of the group may want to go fly-fishing while others may prefer a canoeing trip. Many might enjoy golfing at our local golf courses where we can arrange tee off times and shuttle service. At Country Haven our packages can be tailor-made to fit any individual or group for any length of stay. We have many packages available but here are examples of two of our most popular packages and what they include.
Our all-inclusive Miramichi Fishing Tradition Package
- 4 Nights Accommodations in a 4 star log lodge or private cottage
- 3 Full days of fishing some of the Miramichi rivers best water
(any of these days can include one of our popular fishing and canoeing combo package)
- All Meals
- All necessary equipment if needed
- 3 day fishing license
- New Brunswick # 1 Certified Professional Guides
- Transportation to/from airports (if needed)
- Can also include airfare (if needed)
Our Popular "Sample Canada's Picture Province" outdoor style Package
Enjoy our full week all-inclusive Outdoor package:
- 7 nights accommodations in a 4 star log lodge or private cottage
- Day 1 fishing for Atlantic Salmon on the Miramichi River
- Day 2 Whale Watching on the Bay of Fundy where you see more whales more often then anywhere else
- Day 3 A day of relaxing and enjoying the culture and nature of the Miramichi River Valley
- Day 4 Deep sea fishing on the Bay of Chaleur
- Day 5 Canoeing trip on the Miramichi River
- Day 6 Tour to Hopewell Rocks to see the highest tides in the world
(These day excursions can be substituted for any of our other day tours)
- All Meals
- All Necessary equipment if needed
- Fishing license, permits, admission fees
- New Brunswick # 1 certified Professional Guides
- Transportation to/from Airports
(can also include airfare if needed)
Throughout the year we occasionally offer Special Promotion Packages based on availability, value and easy accessibility by air travel from various locations to Country Haven. These all-inclusive no-hassle fishing vacations on the Miramichi River have never been so easy to enjoy! Both of the packages below (New Yorker and UK Special) have been offered since 2008 and since both have been so popular we have decided to continue these two specials again for the 2011 season.
New Yorker - Miramichi Fishing Weekend 3 days 4 nights
- Direct flight on Continental Airlines departing from Newark NJ on Thursday evening, arriving Moncton NB - approx 2 hrs.
- Airport Shuttle to/from Country Haven.
- 4 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Lodge or Private Cottage on the Miramichi River.
- All Meals, from arrival to departure.
- NB #1 certified Professional Guides.
- All Equipment - if needed - ( Rods, Waders, flies, etc.)
- Individual casting Instruction.
- 3 Full Days of Fly Fishing for Wild Atlantic Salmon in our 11 Private Pools.
- All transportation while At Country Haven.
- Depart on early Monday Morning flight from Moncton to Newark NJ in time for another day at the Office.
( All this as easy as a weekend in the Catskills...)
All for $1,950 (U.S.$ plus Canadian Taxes) per Adult.
UK - Miramichi week of Atlantic Salmon Fishing 7 days 7 nights
- Direct 6 Hrs flight on Canadian Affair from London (Gatwick) to Halifax Nova Scotia.
- Airport shuttle to/from Country Haven.
- 7 nights of 4 star accommodation in Lodge or Private Cottage on the Miramichi River.
- All Meals from arrival to departure.
- New Brunswick certified Professional #1 Guides.
- All Equipment - if needed -(Rods, Waders,flies, etc.)
- Individual casting Instruction.
- 7 Full Days of fly fishing for Wild Atlantic Salmon in our 11 private pools/beats -Or- Guided Whale, Bear & Moose Sighting Tours.
- All Transportation while at Country Haven.
- Depart Thursday evening from Halifax back to Gatwick.
- Lifetime memories included..
All for £2,500 GBP Funds Per Adult plus Canadian Taxes.
(Package also available EXCLUDING airfare for £1,950 GBP plus taxes).
( Atlantic Salmon Fishing in Canada is much closer than you might think...)
Spey Fishing on the Miramichi
150 Years or so ago, a technique using long wooden rods and longer lines was born on a river in northern Scotland. Spey Casting was developed to overcome the challenges of fishing a wide deep river. Spey Casting has followed Atlantic salmon anglers across the big pond to some of the great salmon rivers of North America. Although single handed rods are still the most common method of fishing on the Miramichi, the past few seasons have witnessed a significant increase in interest in Spey fishing on the Miramichi, especially on the wider lower stretches of the Main River - an ideal location for both single and Spey Rod fishing.
Classes held in recent years have been so successful we have decided to again dedicate two full weeks in 2011, offered by world class spey Instructors. All Levels will be catered to, so whether you are already experienced and want to improve your techniques or are a complete novice wishing to learn spey casting, we will provide you with instruction to suit your needs, along with some of the best guided Atlantic Salmon fishing in the World.
September 22nd to 29th A fully Inclusive 7 day Atlantic Salmon Fly Fishing Adventure on the Miramichi River.
This clinic will again be run by Bryan Martin, holder of Both the Salmon and Trout APGAI qualification - the leading UK advanced professional fly casting and fly fishing instructors qualification, plus everything that is included in our all-inclusive week package, with or without airfare.
This package can be booked through us at Country Haven or directly through Bryan (www.devonflyfishing.co.uk/miramichi.html.
July 3d to 9th -and- October 2nd to 7th -
East Coast Spey from New Jersey USA will be returning to Country Haven, this year on two occasions, and will be providing free casting lessons along with 5 full days of Atlantic Salmon Fishing on each occasion.
This is a great opportunity to fish with a spey rod and get brushed up on your spey casting techniques from two of Americas leading Spey Casting instructors, Jody Ploski and Andrew Moy, plus everything included in our all-inclusive package, with or without airfare. This package can be booked though Country Haven or through East Coast Spey www.tightlinesflyfishing.com (Note: Everyone on this trip last year caught salmon)
2011 Season Women's Special
Lady Anglers on the Miramichi
Country Haven Miramichi will be dedicating the first 2 weeks of our September Fishing Season to Lady Anglers from around the world who would be interested in enjoying all-inclusive packages for Fly Fishing the Wild Atlantic Salmon.
These packages will include fly casting demonstrations in both single and double handed rod fishing, individual casting Instruction, and much more. These packages can be enjoyed by both Ladies and Mixed Couples who are interested in Atlantic Salmon Fly Fishing.
Packages with airfare -allow 24 hours
If we can assist you regarding any of our packages, please call toll-free 1-877-FLYHOOK (1-877-359-4665).